Monday, November 26, 2007

Tough Getting Back

This Thanksgiving was full of firsts, we went to Jacksonville where Janelle's oldest sister lives to spend Thanksgiving with her family. So this was the first Thanksgiving at Tammy's, the first spent in Florida, Jacob's first trip to the beach and my first trip to St. Augustine.

We spent Friday combing the mall and lifestyle centers for Christmas bargains. Since I met Janelle I have done black Friday shopping in Delaware, Gulfport, Maryville, Knoxville, and now Jacksonville, FL.; for a guy who hates shopping, that's a lot of different places to shop. I do enjoy getting a good bargain, so I cannot complain to loudly.

It is kind of hard to get back in the swing of things today. On Saturday is was in shirt sleeves, dining on a patio in St. Augustine, enjoying near 80 degree weather; today it is cold and wet and yucky. Isn't that true about life? One moment everything is sunny and fun then in the blink of an eye everything can seem yucky. The yucky of today though makes me appreciate the beauty of Saturday even more. Sun, sand and time with my family. Enjoy the day.

In Him,

David

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I didn't know you guys went to Jacksonville! My parents were right down the road in Ormond so we have spent many a Thanksgivings in Florida. It's nice, isn't it?