Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Could we have saved them?

Man, with the passing today of Mike Matheny, Joey Jones back in August, a few years back of Mary Morris and even further back with my dad the question comes to mind "what more could we have done to save them?" In my selfish, human mind I want to keep friends and loved ones around as long as possible. I want people to pour millions of dollars into cancer research so others don't have to go through what they went through, so that other lives can be saved. In reality, all 4 were saved and it had nothing to do with cancer research or dollars spent... it had everything to do with the lives that they lived and the one life sacrificed so that we all might truly live. Instead of dwelling on this loss, which the apostle Paul would call gain... I need to focus on those that truly need saving. Those without Christ. Those in the daily battle to maintain their faith. On me, my family and my faith. We are all the ones that need more done...for we have not finished our race. Let the angels stand up and rejoice for Mike, Mary, dad and countless others and we can all say "well done, well done."

No comments: