Monday, November 19, 2007

Seasons

Spring is my favorite season of all. I love when the flowers bloom, the red bud trees and the dogwoods splash us with color. I love fall with all the colors. Even driving to work today with a gray sky I could look at the trees and see oranges, yellows, browns and reds in all different hues. Even in death there is a beauty. There is a promise of life again in the spring. A promise of hope and renewal after a long winter of rest.

I was privileged to be at the church building yesterday at 5:00 to see Jian be baptized. A person of science who did not believe in God now confessing that Jesus is his Son. Walt's sermon reminded me that while I live in a microwave society, there is still a need for sowing, growing, watering and then a harvest. Praise God and Happy Thanksgiving.

In Him,

David

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I was so happy to hear about Jian! Please give her my love and prayers!