Friday, November 2, 2007

Home

Where is home? You ask me and it is in Maryville, TN. I moved away from Maryville in 1994 but I still consider that home. When I lived on the Gulf Coast, home was East Tennessee. I have a wife and family here in Nashville but home is still East Tennessee. I know, I know, my home is where my family is; which is Nashville but I get a feeling of home back in East Tennessee.

I am a person who loves to travel but Janelle can tell you, I need to get back to the mountains every so often to renew myself. In East Tennessee I feel myself, I feel my roots, I feel the hand of God as he sculpted this beautiful landscape that I so enjoy and it gives me peace.

So my home is in Nashville but my "home" is in Maryville. It's weird being a person torn between two homes. I love my life here in Nashville, my family, my friends, my Church family and I don't want to give any of it up but I also long to be back at home in the mountains of East Tennessee. Isn't that the reality for all of us? We are all a people torn between to homes. We love our life here and don't want to give any of it up but we also anticipate and long for our home in heaven. For now I will be happy at home here but I can't wait to go "home".

In Him,

David

No comments: