Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Something about the Holidays

There is something about the holidays that makes you feel special. You look forward to time with the family. You think about home. There are the smells, the traditions the time together that make the holidays special. We spent Thanksgiving with Janelle's sister and her family in Florida and stopped in Georgia for a brief visit with one of her uncles and her grandmother. Family. We will go to East Tennessee for Christmas where my mother and my brother and his family live. Again family. I look forward to going home, spending time with family, spending time with people who love me.

I also have a similar feeling when I "attend Church". I have a feeling of being home, being with people who love me, being with family. It may be a bit of a stretch but every Sunday should be a holiday...because we share in a special time with family. What about you, do you feel at home when you are with your brothers and sisters? Is the Church a place where you feel loved? Do you worship with family? I hope so! I don't want to seem preachy or like I have it all together; I don't always get that feeling and that makes me sad...but I try. Won't it be cool when we get to heaven and have a big family reunion and every day will be a holiday?

In Him,

David

No comments: