Thursday, January 17, 2008

What am I doing here?

Have you ever asked yourself the question above? I think we all have or one similar such as, "is this all there is?", "how did I end up here?", "how did I get stuck here?", or "why doesn't God help me find a better job?" I wish I knew the answer but I don't. I know he loved the poor woman who gave her last coin as much as he loved David who was a king and composed those amazing songs to God.

I don't think it matters to God what job we do just that we do it to his glory. God wants us to be happy, but I think we confuse that happiness to mean that we have everything we want instead of its true meaning of knowing that whatever happens to me, God is in control. Its hard to let go and let God be in control. It is hard at times getting up and going to a job that you don't like or live in a place that you don't like. I don't have an answer for that as I struggle with these questions at times myself. I do know that I have a God who loves me and a God who knew I would sin but had a plan to redeem me before he even created the universe. I have a savior who formed the earth and shaped the hill that he would one day have to die on, but did it because he loved me. I have a wife and kids who love me and support me and all of these give me peace.

Where do you find peace/comfort? Do you have a special place that you like to go in times like these?

In Him,

David

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey David:
I saw your comment on my blog and responded over there but in case you haven't wondered back over there I thought I would touch base here. I like what you said. It is true especially how we confuse God wanting us to be happy with us getting what we want.

I hope Nashville isn't a place you wouldn't want to live. I love Nashville and would love to have the opportunity to move back there. But I guess not everyone feels the way I do about TN.

The Jack and Back is an awesome ride and I would highly recommend it. You may also want to try the Rock and Roll 150 in Memphis. If you have friends you ride with take them to Memphis, it is flat so having a paceline would make it better.