Saturday, December 8, 2007

Where do they go?

Yesterday it was cold, wet and rainy....today it is cold, wet and rainy. It was miserable being outside and I can't escape the thought, "where do the homeless go on a day like this? How do they stay dry? How do they stay warm?"

We went camping a few weeks back and I took an electric heater to help keep the boys from getting too cold at night. We slept on an air mattress inside a tent. We had pillows, extra blankets and clean clothes to change into. We knew if it got too bad that we could pack up and head home. Not so for those out on the street.

God keeps working on me to be thankful for what I have. And when I am counting my blessings, I need to remember to share them with those who don't have as much.

In Him,

David

1 comment:

Mike said...

This is a great post and a great reminder for all of us. We must not ignore or forget those with a heck of a lot less than the rest of us.