Thursday, December 6, 2007

Rescue

I'm sitting in my office listening to New Song on I Tunes and the song "Rescue" comes on. I love the song! Listen to some of the words, "I need you Jesus to come to my rescue, where else can I go? There is no other name by which I am saved, capture me with grace" Then a little later comes the line that haunts me and it is repeated over and over "this world has nothing for me." Theologically I know that this is true but my humanity desperately wants to hold on to this life, to fit in, to watch my children grow old and have children of their own, to grow old with my wife. These things are also important to me.

I get so busy with the things of this world, working for the things that are "important" to me but there is still this voice in me crying out "I need you Jesus to come to my rescue. Capture me with grace." There are times that I confidently sing this song with a smile on my face and there are times I sing it with tears streaming down my face because I know how desperately that I do need Jesus.

In Him,

David

No comments: