Monday, December 17, 2007

Sick Little Boy part 2

In my last blog I mentioned that Jacob was sick. Well his fever finally broke on Friday night and then he was full of energy and wanting to play, so he and I stayed up till 11:30 and then I rocked him back to sleep. That was the good news.

Saturday I kept the boys while Janelle went to class. After mommy got home, Christopher and I went to McDonald's playland for him to run out some energy. We then had a errand to run to Wal-Mart. At that point Christopher said something he rarely says, "lets go home daddy." I said it would only take a minute and then we would go home. Warning sign number 2, he said his tummy hurt. Warning sign number 3, he would not ride in the cart but wanted me to carry him instead. We were shopping when all of a sudden he threw up on daddy's shoulder. I rushed out of the store, pulled off my jacket and threw it in the trunk, got some towels and cleaned him up and then put him in his carseat and drove him home. I felt terrible all the way home and apologized for keeping him out when he wanted to go home...he kept reassuring me that "its okay daddy, its okay."

We enter the house when he gets sick on me a second time. Gross! He's crying, feeling awful and scared. We keep reassuring him that its okay. I hand him off to Janelle and go get out of my gross clothing. I come back, change him into pajamas while Janelle cleans up the entry way and puts the clothes into the wash. We fold out the couch, turn on a movie to calm him down and to let him relax. He now loves "White Christmas". During the night he gets me for the third and final time. We change him, me and the bedding again and settle down for a restless night.

God gives us kids so we can start to understand him. Through it all, I love Christopher and my only desire was for him to feel better. I wonder how many times I have thrown up on God and yet all he wants is a relationship with me.

In Him,

David

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Interesting when you put it in that perspective. I really wonder how many times I've thrown up on God.

I hope the boys feel lots better by Christmas. BTW, your Christmas card will be on it's way today.