Monday, February 4, 2008

The Weekend

This was a busy yet fun weekend although it started out a little strange. Janelle had to go back to the dentist Friday because her new crown was causing her pain. This meant that I needed to leave work early to take care of the kids. Since I was going to watch them all evening Friday and all day Saturday anyhow, I decided for us to take a road trip, me and two boys ages 2 1/2 and 16 months old. We got there and back no problem and had a great visit with grandmother. Before we left Saturday night I put the boys in their pajamas and they both slept most of the way home and woke up Sunday morning in their own beds.

Janelle had to rush to work after services Sunday so the boys and I joined some friends for lunch, went home and "rested" a little and then it was off to some other friends house last night for a Super Bowl party. There were 14 children there, 11 of whom were 6 or younger. Even with all the kids running around it was a great Super Bowl party and we all had fun. Janelle was able to join us about 6, which made the evening better. I was glad to see the Patriots streak end the way it did, not that I am such a huge Giants fan, more so that I did not want to see a cheater win the ultimate prize in football. I was pulling for Eli in the fact that we were a witness to history, brothers quarterbacking their teams to back to back Super Bowl victories.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It was such a great win for the Giants. I love to see a wild card team win! And that pass Eli made late in the game...wow!