Saturday, February 9, 2008

Special Days

Today was a special day because it was warm enough to take the boys to the park and play for a while. After that Christopher wanted to go to "the big store" aka Costco and get a slice of pizza. Cheap lunch that the boys enjoyed. After lunch they fell asleep during the van ride home so we sat in the driveway while they slept and I read. Jacob woke up first but wanted to sleep more so I carried him into the house to continue his nap. When Christopher awoke I opened the windows to the backyard to listen for Jacob then Christopher and I went out and played for another hour. As I said, a special day.

Family days are special to me. I also love holidays and birthdays. Next week we have valentine's day and then my mother's birthday. March is the easter celebration and the much anticipated Peter's Hollow egg fight (more on that at a later time). April has Christopher's, my brother's and one of my niece's birthdays. After that we roll into mother's day and Memorial Day. I'll stop there, you get the point. I think it's funny (note: I want you to remember mine regardless of what I say next!) that we celebrate our birthdays which in essence is celebrating our surviving the passage down the birth canal; our mothers are the ones that should be receiving the cudos. With that in mind, how many of us celebrate our re-birth day? Wouldn't it be great if we threw a party every year to commemorate the day we dedicated our life to Christ? Just a thought.

In Him,

David

No comments: