Thursday, February 14, 2008

Too Much

There is so much going through my head right now (luckily none of them are bullets), but lots of stuff to ponder. Thinking about camp, camping, summer vacation, wishing I had some time to ride my bike, time spent with the in-laws while they are back in the states this summer and the ever pressing job situation. I won't bore you with them now, maybe I will update you on some of that stuff at a later time.

Today is Valentine's Day and Saturday is my mother's birthday. My birthday comes at the end of summer and the closest holiday is Labor Day....a few weeks after my birthday. Janelle's birthday is the day before New Year's Eve so she is sandwiched between Christmas and New Year's. I never had known it any other way, but I prefer how mine is, away from the holidays, then it is about me! This is not a selfish me, just a happy thought. No danger of ever getting the combo Birthday / Holiday gift. There are 4 of us at the office who have our birthdays within 5 days of each other...I always declare that week Birthday Week 200_!

I know people for whom their entire thought process is "its all about me", not just birthdays but all the time. While they can be entertaining at times, many times it is a chore to be around them because they are so self centered. I know I can be self centered at times but I hope my friends love me enough to let me know when I am becoming self absorbed and forgive me.

There are so many other thoughts crowding in on me now that I think I will just end and say Happy Valentine's Day everyone and have a blessed day.

In Him,

David

1 comment:

Momma J said...

For me, it is all about you!

Happy Valentines Day *