Thursday, June 5, 2008

Recovery and Renewal

Yesterday I went to the doctor concerning a sinus infection that I have had for over two weeks. The last few nights had been barely tolerable and sleep only came when the desire for it overcame the pain that was racking my head and jaw. Being on a new "insurance plan" which is a Health Savings Account, I had been reluctant to see the doctor not wanting to spend my own money and having no idea what it would cost under the new plan. Foolishness!!! I should have gone 2 weeks ago and been done with this. As now, I am on the road to recovery and feeling better every hour.

As for the renewal, that comes on two fronts. #1, I had two interviews with a company on Monday and even with my sinus infection and the pain racking my brain, I think I did very well. I am hoping to hear from them soon. I don't think they caught on to how I felt and it was a good experience meeting their people and talking to them. That evening I went home, ate dinner and went to bed. I slept over 12 hours that night.

Renewal #2 has come from reading a new book on prayer recommended by a friend and then we had a lesson on prayer this past Sunday in class. I think God is getting my attention, "we need to talk more". I am working on it. It still isn't where I want it to be, but it is getting better.

I guess you could say that any time spent with my family is a time of renewal as well, they bring me so much joy. So that makes 3.

In Him,

David

No comments: