Friday, June 27, 2008

First Week

Today marks the end of my first week on the new job. It has been a long time since I felt I did not know what I was doing. Being Director of Media Buying and before that an Operations Manager of a TV station I am used to being the guy people go to for answers. Now I am the one with all the questions, learning a new computer system, new IT storage systems and an entirely new job with its own phraseology and acronyms. I like the job and will persevere and at some point look back at this time with fondness.

You know, I probably felt the same way when I was in fifth grade and we went to the Church for the first time. It was near VBS time and when we went to VBS they sang songs I had never heard, had phrases and words that I had no idea what they meant. Now I have been in the Church for 30+ years and I know the phrases, the songs, etc. I must remind myself though that there are people out there who don't know all the terms and it is our responsibility as believers to make the message simple to those who don't know the phraseology, God will take care of the rest.

In Him,

David

No comments: