Monday, March 10, 2008

The Weekend

First of all let me start by saying "Way to Go VOLS". The men won the SEC Regular season title and the Lady VOLS won the SEC Tournament.

The weekend started off kind of shaky but it ended up okay. Getting to the campground Friday afternoon was an adventure. I left at 2:30 on what should have been a 1.5 hour trip but I did not calculate having to sit in a huge traffic jam near the Tennessee River. It took an hour and twenty minutes to go 5 miles, luckily I came upon the exit for Waverly and knew that I could get on Hwy 70 there and make it to where I was going, if only I could get there before the sleet and snow settled in. The weather turned REALLY bad in Waverly and luckily I was able to fall behind 3 semis all the way to Camden, they cut tracks through the muck and I was able to get good traction. At that point the wiser decision was to press on than turn around although every fiber in me wanted to be home with Janelle and the boys at that point. Once I got to Camden I found that the road I needed to travel to the campground had just been salted so I ended up arriving there much later than attended but with no damage to the car or me (except the somewhat frayed nerves).

I had a great time with some regrets. Here we get a good snow and I am not at home to enjoy the snow with my family. Janelle and I watch movies when it snows and I wanted to build snowmen with the boys, hopefully we'll have plenty of opportunities to do both in the upcoming years. The upside was that being away for a little while was a good reminder to how much they mean to me.

Sunday was a busy day. I got up early and drove home then met the family at the church building. We had a fellowship lunch after services, ran a few errands, went home and took naps and then it was back to the church building at 4 for an Easter egg hunt.

Well it is back to work now. Enjoy the week.

In Him,

David

No comments: