Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mickey Mouse and Easter Eggs

We had a first with Christopher this morning. Janelle was there and told me about it as I was at work. Christopher was playing with his Thomas train set and was having some difficulty with one of the hills. As he grew increasingly agitated with the problem he finally blurted out in anger 'mmmmmmm Mickey Mouse". Apparently Mickey Mouse is a new expletive in our house. It is a reminder to me to be careful with what I say and to be slow with my temper.

This weekend we are going to Elizabethton for the Peter's Hollow Egg Fight. The boys will get to see lots of family members that they don't know, some of whom I hardly know and fight eggs. The egg fight is nearly 2 centuries old and started when some farmers started arguing whose chickens laid the hardest eggs. So they "boiled them up" and commenced to cracking them against the other farmers eggs. The Egg Fight is an annual Easter Tradition up there but sadly it does not bring in the crowds like it used to. Still it is a great way to touch the past and hopefully pass along something to another generation as a reminder of simpler times. For me it is a way to keep connected with family that I never get to see often enough.

In Him,

David

No comments: