Monday, August 25, 2008

RAIN!

It is finally raining in Middle Tennessee again. The weather reporter (I don't call them forecasters for that is surely an inaccurate description)said that this was the driest August in over 60 years. Tell that to my garden. The squash has pretty much quit producing. We are still getting tomatoes but not at the abundance that we once had them.

I guess there is a spiritual metaphor there in that the seeds were planted in good soil, they produced well for a while but when they failed to receive the proper attention and water...they quit producing. I can have a good heart, be plugged in well at church, be productive...but if I don't stay plugged in, neglect the important things...I too can dry up and die.

Work is keeping me very busy but I find that very rewarding. The change has been good for all of us. We can dare to dream again instead of just survive.

The boys are calling their daddy to come play so we will meet in blog world later.

In Him,

David

1 comment:

Rachel said...

As much as it is annoying sometimes when it rains and "cuts" into your day with having to dodge it, I sure do love it the majority of the time.