Thursday, April 10, 2008

Most Important

It's weird to know before 7 A.M. that you have already accomplished the most important thing you will do all day. Early this morning our 3 year old woke up and I could hear him crying "I want daddy, I want daddy". Janelle carried him to our bed and he snuggled close to me with one arm around my neck and one hand holding onto my arm. Laying there listening to his breathing relax, feeling him relax as he pulled himself closer to daddy, I knew I had already done the most important thing that I would do all day. Laying there listening to him breath and sleep, that was contentment for me.

I think I now have a better understanding of what Jesus meant as he wept over Jerusalem. Like a parent, he longed to pull them close and feel them relax and rest in his arms. He still feels that way about us. Pretty cool.

In Him,

David

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

There's nothing I love more than Hayley coming in our room on Saturday mornings and getting in bed with us.

Rachel said...

Amen brother! What a wonderful feeling as a parent to know you are comforting your child in only a way you can as their parent! Amazing how many references we can think of with Christ and the church and us as his children. He longs for us to call out to him and then rest and relax in his arms!! I love that!! Thanks for the thoughts.