Monday, October 6, 2008

Did you hear that?

Christopher is 3 1/2 and when he goes to bed at night we play a short audio tape for him with a story on it and then a longer music tape. When the story ended and he was ready for me to change tapes we had the following exchange.

Christopher: "Daddy, daddy, did you hear that?"
Me: "Hear what Christopher?"
Christopher: "Did you hear that noise?"
Me: "No, the only noise I heard was you calling me?"
Christopher: "You didn't hear that noise?"
Me: "No, what did the noise sound like?"
Christopher: "Um, it sounded like a Pooh story."
Me: "No, you're not getting a Pooh story but I will turn on your music for you."
Christopher: "Okay, I will try again later.

The Pooh tape is very long and he will not go to sleep while listening to it. I had to walk away and laugh, after starting his music for him. Where does he get this stuff? Like Mary, I will write them on my heart. I love my kids.

In Him,

David

1 comment:

preacherman said...

Wow.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
I have 3 boys under 7 and bedtime can be such a blessing as you pray with your kids and they share with you. My youngest son prayed for a dead bird that he saw outside. He prayed for the stars. Mars. Grass. God really does bless us with our children. What a great responsiblity we have in raising them. My dad told me when my oldest son was born, "God has not just given you a son, he has given you a soul. Take care of the soul that God has given you. Care for it. Love it. Nurture it." I will never forget those words.